Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Greetings from Seattle


I'm sitting in a Starbucks at Pioneer Square in Seattle. I’m looking out the huge windows onto First Ave. and it’s packed with 6 or so inches of snow. The snow is absolutely beautiful but because of all the snow it has shut the city down. The streets are full of people and while I was walking I passed a guy cross country skiing! - Which I thought was a bit over the top, but it is Seattle. When I attempted to go to downtown Seattle yesterday, I walked a mile to the bus stop where I waited one and a half hours for a bus that never came. I walked back home in the freezing weather. After I played blissfully in the snow I decided to make Orange Cranberry Totties. The snow has reached almost eight inches at my parents place in South Seattle. More snow is expected and I’ve heard this is the worst snow storm in twelve years. Lucky me! Thank god I made it when I did!



My plan today is to hit up the Pike Place Market to pick up some salmon and crab for tonight’s dinner. I’m going to the fish bar for lunch and get a halibut sandwich. After my lunch I am going to head over to Uwajimaya Market and get lost in the most fantastic food market in the city!








Christmas is coming up fast and I want to share my Tottie recipe with you for a little warm holiday cheer! This is a great beverage served just like it is or with a splash of your favorite libation!

Wishing all my Oklahoma friends a Wonderful, Warm and Loving Holiday Season! Even though I am 2026.33 miles away, my heart is right there in Oklahoma with you!






Orange and Cranberry Hot Tottie
1 lb Fresh Cranberries
4 ea Satsuma or Tangerines Pealed (discard peal)
½ cup Honey
1teapoon Nutmeg
2 ea Cinnamon sticks
½ gallon Water
In a large sauce pot combine all ingredients and slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cranberries become very soft (15 minutes) strain into another pot to keep warm on your stove. Yum. If you so choose you can also add a splash of your favorite whiskey, rum, or brandy just to thaw the ice off your family ;) (use as needed)

No comments:


1514 W. Hall of Fame - Stillwater OK, 74078 - 405.744.WELL (9355) WELLNESS.OKSTATE.EDU

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones