Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome to Cowboy Bites!

After a fabulous Thanksgiving of perfect weather it looks like winter is gracefully showing herself with the promise of very cold nights and some possible wet and cold days. What a perfect time to dust off those pots and pans and that crock pot that has been tucked away neatly for the past eight years or so. It’s time to explore some new and exciting recipes!

On that note a WELCOME is in order!

This blog is designed to help you do just that, I (Chef Lisa) will be creating healthy and quick recipes designed for overcoming the weeknight “what’s-for-dinner” blues. All of my recipes are carefully analyzed by our Seretean Wellness Center dietitian, Elizabeth Lohrman and her wonderful staff ensuring you get just what you need; delicious and nutrient dense food that will make you want to get up do a little dance after dinner (I’ll be two stepping thank you very much!).

Check in with us once a week to receive the latest and greatest in recipes, Kitchen Tips, “Green” Tips. Sign up as a follower and please leave your comments! Let us know you are out there and part of our community of good eating in the blog-sphere of COWBOY BITES!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the neatest thing ever!!!! I've never blogged but will soon be a regular. Thank you Seretean Wellness Center for this tool.

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. My greatest problem is trying to decide what to make for dinner. I love to cook, but hate coming up with a menu. I'm looking forward this.

Anonymous said...

Good work! I intend to check out this website every day!

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate some recipes that had healthier sweetners than sugar - thanks

Lisa J said...

Best wishes to you, Chef Lisa! From your "Battle Axe Waitress," also Lisa J, L3

Anonymous said...

OMG!...this is like the coolest thing ever!!! I love to cook and love checking out new recipes all the time, but have never had nutritional facts about them or known exactly how healthy anything was that I was fixing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I am excited to see your plans
for this blog and will check in frequently. Healthy, tasty, green and quick work for me! Best wishes
and Thank You!!!


1514 W. Hall of Fame - Stillwater OK, 74078 - 405.744.WELL (9355) WELLNESS.OKSTATE.EDU

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones