Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cowboy Up Everybody and Get Ready for the CHUCKWAGON CHALLENGE!

We’re going and prove that some of our most favorite and cherished recipes that we refer to as the “heart attack special” can be good for us!

Here’s the challenge:
You send me your comfort food/"not so good for you" recipes and we will transform your recipe into a “yum-yum-I-can-eat-this” recipe. Really, the challenge is on us to make this happen. We have to make it taste great too! Resembling the original recipe it will also be HEART HEALTHY. Why did I come up with this? No, I was not dropped on my head as a small child. (If I was, I assure you it was an accident and all charges were dropped.) Truly, I am taking on this challenge because I have what’s commonly known as, “I know it’s bad for me but I’m going to eat it anyway” syndrome. As a chef I’ve always wanted to explore ways to make good food healthy for me.

What’s in it for you? Why would you give away your cherished recipe to me, who no doubt am going to dissect it into a million nutritionally dense pieces? Well, the top four transformed recipes will be featured for the March 26th cooking demo as well as on the cowboy bites blog! There will be a parade and a dinner on Mars! (Not really)

Deadline for submission is February 26th

Don’t be shy. Now e-mail your recipe right this second to cowboybites@okstate.edu

Also, check out our cooking demo schedule on the side panel!

No comments:


1514 W. Hall of Fame - Stillwater OK, 74078 - 405.744.WELL (9355) WELLNESS.OKSTATE.EDU

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones